Removing chimney breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I’m having a chimney breast removed from ground floor and first floor and gallows brackets fitted in loft,
can anybody tell me a rough cost estimate for labour and materials I live in London and I’ve been quoted £5000 which seems too expensive? Any advice would be great thank you

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of the chimney breast. You'll be surprised at how many bricks are in a chimney, in many cases, the same number that it took to build the house.

Depends on their estimation of brick quantity, access/egress etc.. plus, you're in London so that's put a third on anyhow. Normally £3,000 to £4,000 up North but that includes above roof tile height.

Sponsored Links
Above the gallows bracket is it better to place a steel plate or concrete lintel? Thanks

Not sure how big it’s but done mine today 2storey all materials £60 skip £250 and 2 labourers £250 will call later for some one to do the walls I’m in TW area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back