Removing concrete block from Indesit washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to remove the concrete block from the top of my Indesit washing machine to make it easier to move down some stairs. I want to put it back in so don't want to break it. I've taken off the top of the machine and tried to remove the steel retention band but I've noticed that the springs that hold up the drum are attached to the retention band so while I can unscrew the band I can't actually lift it up enough to remove the concrete block. Does anyone have any advice of how I can do this or how I can unhook the springs (with the concrete on the top it seems difficult to unhook the springs). Cheers.

Sponsored Links
As machines are different between manufacturers can you post a pic of the set up.
Also pics of under the block if thats possible.

Removing the concrete will have a negligible effect on the weight, move it as is or ruin it.

Sponsored Links
Get some big fella's to come and help.

Also strap it to a sack truck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back