Indesit W123 washing machine bearing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my 4 year old indesit W123 washing machine is making a noise like a jet engine, and am sure it's the front bearing that has collapsed. I've taken off the top and small back panel, but can't see any obvious way of splitting the drum. There is a join in the drum about one third of the way back, but no fixing bolts, bands etc. I have removed the four inspection plugs in the backplate, but these only lead to what appear to be blind holes - I expected to see bolt heads or Allen screws. Any ideas of how to split the drum?

Many thanks
:( :(

Sponsored Links
you cant replace bearing on it ,its a welded tank complete drum at about £100.00 plus labour time to send to land fill

you cant replace bearing on it ,its a welded tank complete drum at about £100.00 plus labour time to send to land fill

I suspected as much - I've had another look since and can see the weld. So it's off to the tip and then search the internet for a better make machine.

Thanks for your help.
:cry:

Sponsored Links
no, not a land fill, saw the front off , undo the pulley, get the inner drum out , hey presto, instant plant pot. i grew starwberries in mine this year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back