removing economy 7

Sponsored Links
EDF don't do this or you think the chap might leave the board disconnected while on the phone about the meter change ask for an isolator as well.
EDF do not fit isolators, even if they are on the job card as I have found out. EDF are the worst and most difficult people I have ever had to deal with, I am astonished they are still in business.

so what should I ask for. I really do not want those off-peak lines cut off. I need them always on like the rest
tia

Just phone up for the meter/tariff change and when the fella comes to do it tell him what your planning to do and ask if he could leave the off peak board live.

He should leave it in some Henley blocks for you or maybe leave it bunched into the meter, which is frowned up on but would leave your board live.

Let us know how you get on.

Will key you guys posted.
Before my original post I have emailed EDF. I was a standard email back from them today, but from a individual's email address, so I wrote back asking for clarification and when I know the best way to proceed, I'll book it in.

If they can annotate the order to state to keep it live, that is best.

Sponsored Links
not getting very far over the phone, asked an EDF guy who was in the area and said that the metering department might leave it live.

I was going to phone to book an appointment and the text I was going to ask the assisstant to type in was:

"please ensure that customer's off-peak board is left live and not disconnected when meter is changed"

should that suffice, or should I include a reference to the Henley blocks?

Also from the technicians PoV is it better for have a morning or afternoon slot? When is he more likely to spend a little time doing it the way I would like?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back