Removing fuse from Gardtec 360/580

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Gardtec 360/580 alarm installed and the bell box sounds for 15 minutes whenever there's a power cut.

I've concluded that this is because the main control box in my house needs a new battery. However, I do not wish to use the alarm system any further and wish to disable it completely, so that next time there is a power cut my bell box will not ring and disturb the neighbours.

We have no ladder tall enough to access the bell box to disconnect it's rechargeable battery.

I notice on the main control box, there is a fuse spur next to it. I'm guessing this takes the power from the mains to the control box. Does the control box in turn provide the 12v hold off to the bell box outside?

If so, does that mean if I remove this fuse it will be akin to a power cut, so therefore the bell box will ring if I remove it? Then once the bell box has fully rung (completely discharging the battery inside the bell box) and since there is now no mains feed to the bellbox, it will no longer be able to recharge (and therefore won't ring again should I get any more power cuts)?

How long can a typical bell box ring for before it runs out of it's own internal battery?

I would appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
The sounder should activate for 15 to 20 mins depending on what is fitted, some older sounders will activate till the battery discharges so best to take the fuse out in the morning so its not sounding during the evening / night. (as this could be a few hours)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back