Help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having problems with my burglar alarm system. To cut a long story short I replaced my old bell box with a new one of the same make and model Ventcroft compact using the engineers code and following the instructions supplied. After doing this it would not work and went into tamper mode. I then turned off the power supply to the control panel took out the fuses and checked them rewired the bell box and rewired the bell box wires in the control panel. I replaced the fuses, switched on the power, nothing happened apart from my keypads won't work no lights showing only a feint glow from the keypad. If I remove the bell box fuse from the control panel the bell box strobes flash and the sounder goes. If I refit the fuse strobes stop flashing and sounder stops. Also I replaced the battery in the control box so that is new. As I don't know what to do to get it into a working mode I have removed the black connection from the battery in the control panel turned off the power supply and turned the battery link in the bell box off. Can anyone please help? I think my control panel is an Accenta G3 without keypad.

Sponsored Links
Is the main power led lit?
Have you checked the mains power fuses in the panel ?

Yes main power led is lit and I pressed reset on the keypad.l have checked all the fuses in the control panel.

Sponsored Links
Disconnect bell link out ov to tr and try to reset? Could be wiring fault on bell?
Where did you get your new battery ?
New battery could be discharged due to being on customer shelf a long time?
Are your leds flashing on pir with movement ?

Leds are not flashing on pir with movement
Battery was purchased from a local electrical retailer have checked and is charged
Will try disconnect of bell link and reset

If LEDs are not flashing you need to check aux volts output for 12 volt?
How did you test/check fuse?
Possible blown fuse ? No power to pir?

Fuse could look ok,but could be blown ?
Why are the leds not lighting up on pirs when you walk in front of them ?
Need to check aux volt output for 12 volts ?

Fuses have all been replaced with new ones
Not at home at the moment so cannot do any checks
As I said in original post I have disabled the system by turning off the power to the control box removed the black lead to the battery in the control box and moving the battery link to off in the bell box, this is how the alarm is at present. Don't know why pirs are not lighting up when I walk tested them before I disabled the system. I disabled the alarm as I will be away from home for a few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back