removing hard tile grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I tiled and grouted my bathroom/toilet in the summer and did not remove the grout from the tiles..how is the best way to do this..i have tried scraping with a screwdriver but it marks the tiles

Sponsored Links
As its waterproof the only way is to scrape it.
You can use the green scrourers, plenty of water, paint scraper.

My first bit of tiling was using water proof grout & I left it to long, plenty of elbow grease & swearing.lol

thankyou..Ihave just tried to use a screw driver again..see my photo attemps..not much luck..ihave also tried soaking the area with water and I'll wait a while
thanks for all the help

Water wont touch it, you will need to scrape it, I would not suggest a screwdrive, paint scraper flatter & better suited or even better a wood chiesel

Sponsored Links
I think the srew drive iam using is not the right one..it's for the cross head pattern screws

my friend marjorie and she already is..but is getting fed up

Iam now using (as suggested ) an old chisel I found in the garage that seems to be removing the tile grout but leaving grey marks on the tiles..but the bathroom floor now looks alot better..i'll start on thre wall tiles tomorrow

having scrapped off the tile grout with an old chisel I am now left with grey marks on the tile edges...can anyone suggest how to remove these..also a few tips on wall tiling would be very helpful today
thankyou

thankyou..mine is yellow but i assume they are all the same

Well...... what did you expect?!
Anyhow, Cynthia is only in Bolton - that's not far from Preston.... so shush; she may need my skills. (Maybe even the tiling ones!) ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back