Removing Hepworth HBP15 slimline straight connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My first post here and I hope someone can help!
I need to remove our vanity sink and it connected (plastic to copper) by 2 hepworth HBP15 straight slimline connectors (image attached for clarity).

I can see noe way of getting these undone and have only found the following on one website - "remains rotatable but cannot be dismantled".

I can (but don't want to) ciut the plastic pipe, but how dod I get the connector off the copper pipes feeding the mixer tap?

Any help/advise much appreciated

Sponsored Links
short response - looks like the 10mm copper has been expanded before inserting in the 15mm straight coupler - is this now going beyond diy?

It wont have been expanded by a plumber...it will be the pre formed tails that came with the basin tap. Just hacksaw the fitting off, ensuring that the copper tails are not marked (once you cut one side of the fitting you can split it apart to pull it off)....when done just use two new fittings but use compression or demountable Hep20 and you wont need the hacksaw again!

Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
certainly does thanks.

I've bought replacement speedfit (I think) connections, so guess I simply remove any inserts and replace with compatible ones.

Is a hacksaw OK for cutting the plastic pipe as long as it's a square cut?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back