Help needed removing a Hepworth grey pushfit connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to remove a Hepworth grey pushfit connector which was fitted on a 15mm copper pipe just above an elbow. I cannot move the grey outer ring clear of the white insert (on the other end of the fitting, moving the grey ring clear gave enough room to ease up the teeth on the white ring and slide it off the pipe.)
Apart from hacksawing through the grey ring (awkward given the location) are there any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hacksaw blade (in a handle holder - no room for even a junior hacksaw) worked surprisingly quickly.

Incidentally, why are rectangular kitchen sinks made with the monobloc tap hole and the drain in the same corner? If they were in adjacent corners, there would be rather more room to work.

This sounds like a job for my Ray Mears style wire saw. £3- £4 on e-bay.

You get two handles and and two saws, very good in these situations especially when there's no room.

Thanks again to all who replied. For info, there was insufficient room to use wire cutters or a wire saw which needs to be held both sides of the cut. What I used was what is on sale on e-bay as a "MINI HACKSAW TIGHT SPACES ELECTRICIAN PLUMBER" - the elegant if expensive (£1.99 javascript:emoticon(':D') ) alternative to wrapping insulating tape round a hacksaw blade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back