Reusing Hep2o fittings

Sponsored Links
I'm about to embark on a bit of pipe replacement/rationalising/tidying up.

Cold supply, DHW, CH.

Some is in copper, some in Hep2O, the 'old' grey type.

At a couple of points I'll have to disconnect some Hep2O fittings and reuse them, like this:

Where the CH flow and return come through a wall, I'll have to disconnect a 90 deg elbow, rotate it through about 90 degrees and reconnect.

Similarly where the 15mm hot and cold come through a wall, I'll have to take a couple of 90 deg elbows off and replace them with Ts.

These fittings are very close to the wall.

Questions:

1. Is it OK just to loosen a Hep2O fitting and turn it?

2. Where I actually take a pipe out of a fitting the Hepworths manual talks about replacing the O ring, wedge and wedge support ring. This is old grey Hep2O. Do plumbers merchants still stock these?

Many thanks.

(Appreciate this is an old thread but it may be useful for others researching the same thing).
There are replacement parts still available (but getting scarce, now) for these older Hep2o fittings (grey body with green grab-ring) - specifically the o-ring (though I guess if you just used any old make *the right size* it would work) and the grab-rings. So, you could just snip off the grab-ring with a pair of side-cutters and then reassemble the fitting with new grab-rings and you save a whole £2! I hate chucking otherwise perfectly useful things out and so it's not about the money. But this may save you some work, time and mess, too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back