Reuse Hep2o pipe insert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be replacing a hep2o shutoff valve for a kitchen tap which is the type with the green wedge, it will be replaced with the newer type which is available now.

The existing pipe is 15mm Hep2o barrier pipe and hopefully has the pipe insert that was available at the time (around 2009?).

Question I have is, is that type of pipe insert compatible with the new fittings or should I replace it with one of the newer (in4Sure) type ones (I have spare).

If I shouldn't(or its recommended not to) re-use this should I remove it from the pipe (will it cause damage to the pipe inside?) or should I cut the pipe and start again with a fresh insert?

I also have to say, I have often find useful information on this forum but have only recently joined and asked questions. Thanks for a great resource.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back