Alternatives to Hep2O silicone lubricant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm connecting some new Hep2O pipe to some old Hep2O fittings. I'll be remaking some of the joints.

The local plumbers merchant doesn't sell the Hepworths lubricant. What alternatives does anybody suggest.

I've taken one of the joints apart, and it was a bit cruddy, to be honest. Cleaned up OK, with a bit of a wash, but I'm guessing there's no lubricant left on the O ring now.

The only joints I'll be remaking with old fittings are CH, no potable water or DHW.

I've got the usual suspects here, WD40, Silicone Spray and a huge tub of that slimy stuff that you smear on push fit waste. Will one of them do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
silicon spray is fine or your merchant will have regin silicon lube which is good my fav is a product called Mollycote but dont use WD40 or similar

As Dan say's, don't be tempted to use anything other than an approved lube.

I have seen fittings fail after people have used some aggressive substance as a lube (Flux being the main culprit, yes I have seen the damage it can cause) anything aggressive can attack the internals and cause a failure.

Also it should be WRAS approved. EDIT Just seen it is for CH only

You can wash them in plain water to get rid of any loose crap (don't add any washing up liquid)

Try and get the Hep2o one if you can

Sponsored Links
Flux as lubricant!! Are some people really that stupid??

The silicone spray I've got here is the 3 in 1 brand.

I was hoping to get going tonight, so was thinking about something that they'll sell at B&Q.

There is a screwfix but they dont sell Regin. Just Floplast Silicone spray, which I'm guessing is the same as the 3 in 1 I've already got. Will that not do? Remember this isn't potable water.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back