Hep2O under suspended floor

I still wouldn't connect up to a rad in 10mm, if I don't have to, which you don't.
Especially a vertical rad.
And make sure you find out if it is directional, has a baffle and if it needs to be piped to flow and return a certain way.

Thanks for the advice. The pipe that's currently in place is 10mm, I'm using 15mm that I will join on.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I still wouldn't connect up to a rad in 10mm, if I don't have to, which you don't.
Especially a vertical rad.
And make sure you find out if it is directional, has a baffle and if it needs to be piped to flow and return a certain way.

Am I right in thinking the flow is usually on the left and has the thermostat? Return is the right?

Thanks

Am I right in thinking the flow is usually on the left and has the thermostat? Return is the right?

Thanks
Posh vertical designer rads are baffled- you need to look at the blurb that came with the rad to see if it's directional. If it's not directional then you can do what you like (cheap TRVs tend to be quieter on the flow but there's not a lot of difference)

EDIT If it's been there and working previously it would be wise to keep flow and return where they are.....

Posh vertical designer rads are baffled- you need to look at the blurb that came with the rad to see if it's directional. If it's not directional then you can do what you like (cheap TRVs tend to be quieter on the flow but there's not a lot of difference)

EDIT If it's been there and working previously it would be wise to keep flow and return where they are.....

Blurb shows in on the left and out on the right.

Just turned heating on and the hottest pipe is actually on the right without the thermostat!

Typical of this house

Thanks again for all the help fellas!

Sponsored Links
Blurb shows in on the left and out on the right.

Just turned heating on and the hottest pipe is actually on the right without the thermostat!

Typical of this house

Thanks again for all the help fellas!

That's why I said check it!
That alone has saved you future grief and a rad that don't perform! :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back