Hep2o vs Speedfit cold form bend radius (already under floor...)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Relative new to DIY plumbing and looking for a little reassurance. I have recently plumbed hot and cold feeds and central heating via the void under the floor of our new kitchen. Floorboards, leveller and Karndean have now gone down over the top.

I've used Hep2o throughout, although, where I needed a tight bend radius I used Speedfit cold form bends (radius approx 80mm?) as they were what was available from Screwfix/Toolstation/etc.

Moving on to the upstairs now and I've realised that the bend radius of those Speedfit cold form bends is quite a lot less than what Hep2o state in their installer guide as the minimum, supported or unsupported, where they give a radius of 120mm.

I'm now a bit concerned that those tight bends, although supported, might result in failure of the pipe down the line – such as when the central heating goes back on this Winter! Worth mentioning that all of the pipework and fittings was wet pressure tested to 10 bar as per the Hep2o installer manual.

Is there anyone a bit more experienced who could advise as to whether the ~80mm radius Speedfit cold form bends will cause an issue with the Hep2o pipe? Hep2o describe the same 120mm minimum bend radius for their pipework whether supported or unsupported for 15mm pipework.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back