Speedfit into radiator from wall - correct parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy, I'm looking to connect two radiators to some 15mm speedfit pipework. I will be taking the pipework through joists in one case, and in a channel in screed in the second. I want to then go vertical with the pipes, buying them behind plasterboard, and coming out of the wall straight into the thermostat / lockshield couplings.

In both cases I was hoping to use these tap connectors - https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speed...mm-x-mm-x-300mm-2-pack/46675?_requestid=77322 as they seemed to tick all the boxes I needed to get from under the floor to the radiator, however now I have them they have NOT FOR CENTRAL HEATING printed on them. so.....

In general, how do I connect the pipes to the rads?

Specific questions that may be irrelevant....

1 - how should I turn a right angle when I exit the wall?
2 - should I transition to a few inches of copper pipe before the rad?
3 - keeping within a 17.5cm bend radius for 15mm speedfit pipe, can / should I just bend the pipework round and up into the wall, or should I cut it and use regular elbows?
4 - I see (expensive) SF wall plate brackets, but think I'd actually be better off with the vertical pipework loose behind the plasterboard, allowing some wiggle room when I come to connect it? It'll be held firm enough on the rad, no?
5 - what elbowy connectory thing should i buy!?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
turn the rad-valves on their side so that the 'turny bit' is horizontal.
bit of copper straight into a push fit bend buried in behind your plasterboard. all you'll see is copper coming out of the wall going into the rad valve.
good luck,

Sponsored Links
turn the rad-valves on their side so that the 'turny bit' is horizontal.
bit of copper straight into a push fit bend buried in behind your plasterboard. all you'll see is copper coming out of the wall going into the rad valve.
good luck,

So Speedfit pipe into a regular Speedfit plastic elbow and a few inches of copper out the front? Nice and simple for sure...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back