Removing rads with speedfit pipe & fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently removed 3 radiators from 3 different Walls in a property as the Walls are to be knocked through to create an open plan space.the heating pipework which is plastic speedfit,travels up through the wall to the upstairs rads. To remove this pipework should I loop up the 2 heating pipes with a couple of elbows in the ceiling? Would this be the best way?

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you would be creating a by-pass by doing it that way.

It's possible that it would then create problems with the performance of the rest of your system.

Could you re configure the flow and return to the existing rads upstairs :?:

Andy.

Cut back to the main runs and either cap off or remove the tees and replace with couplers.

I assume you've checked with a structural engineer that these walls can be removed without the house falling down!?

Sponsored Links
Sorry - thought he was re-routing the pipes to different places in the room. Having re-read it he doesn't actually say that - but I'm sure he will.

Yes don't worry rsjs are being installed. So by looping them this will create a problem? What if I capped off both of the heating pipes?

I will be able to do what muggles suggested if I'm able to trace back that far. But I'm asking what's the best thing to do if I can only get as far as the ceiling,is it best to just cap the two pipes off where I can?

It is a 2 pipe system. And would it matter? Because air would still be able to be released from elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back