Moving rad, capping off other Hep2o

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I appreciate the photo is poor quality, but i have a rad i want to remove and another to replace with a wider one. Heating is a pressurised combi boiler.

Both rads are piped in plastic pipe with copper tails above floor level.

Question is, can I use Hep2o stop ends on this grey plastic pipe to permanently cap off the first rad under the floor which will then be tiled over? i.e would it be compatible with the existing grey pipe and is this suitable for a permanent cap?.... looks like 15mm?

Secondly what would be the best way to extend the pipes for the wider rad assuming there isnt enough play in the plastic thats already under the floor? 900mm rad being replaced with 1600 and I'll redo the copper tails. Im think hep2o couplers and a short length of hep2o?

Anything else to consider? Ive always used copper so far.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721-122427_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190721-122427_Gallery.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Personally I would never use any Hep20 or speedfit or any brand stop end as a permanent fix, temp only, I would use a compression stop end , especially if it will be under a floor

Presumably there is already some sort of coupling between the plastic pipe and the copper tails where they join under the floor already though. This must be the case all over the country unless theres another way to transition this arrangement.

Photo taken before rad changes planned so subfloor back down for now so cant look.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd get rid of the unwanted tails all the way back to where they T off and replace said T with a coupling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back