removing individual tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my new house has some rather naff decorative tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms.

we're ditching the old kitchen so will put in new tiles, but in the bathrooms we may stay put for a while.

the decorative tiles are surrounded by basic white tiles... my question is... is it possible to remove individual tiles from a tiled wall and replace them with tiles to match those surrounding (provided i can find a match of course!)

cheers

Sponsored Links
so do i just score out the grout surrounding the tiles and the prise them off the wall somehow?

cheers

yes, get the grout out, but prying them wont be an option, hit the buggers with a hammer and take out the smashed peices, if you try to pry youll get chips on the ones you want to keep, instead of using more white tiles that dont match, change the colour, or get new decorated ones to fit.

:cool:

Sponsored Links
hit the b*****r with a hammer and take out the smashed peices
Jezus wept jef! You're a rough 'un. :LOL:
I find a quick X shape cut into a tile (full depth) with a diamond blade in an angle grinder allows you to easily prise the cut sections off with a small screwdriver. Doing it this way you don't risk damaging the wall behind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back