Removing Integrated fridge -How??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Newbie here

I have an integrated fridge in the kitchen that has stopped cooling. Its 10 years old so i guess it needs replacing. Fairly good on DIY so will have a go at replacing it myself. The problem i have is how do i remove the fridge. I've had a good look but cant see how its fastened in. Is it just a case of removing screws, or would it be on rails of some sort?
Any advice would most gratefully be received

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
do you have some pictures?
Could be screwed in at top to work top if you open the door and look undeneath.
The door should (kitchen cabinet) just lift up and away, but could well be screwed on from inside too.

Hi

Managed to get the unit out, and have replaced it with another fridge (integrated)

Now cant get the door (kitchen unit type) off the old fridge

Do they lift up, slide sidewards or what?

There are no visible screws to undo and looking down the small gap between kitchen unit door and fridge door there seems to be 4 brackets holding it on

Sponsored Links
They normally lift up or down, sometimes there are fixing screws between the appliance door(inside) fixing to the cabinet door. They are usually near the bottom. But no hard fast rules.
If you have 4 fixings. Could be two metal brackets to the bottom and two plastic knob like fixing that slot in to holes in the appliance.
So I'd take a grip of bottom of cabinet door at bottom and push upwards, for starters.
It maybe a case upwards and tilt back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back