Removing Laminate Flooring

GSD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved house and want to replace the laminate flooring in a room with carpet/underlay. I've been advised that it's not good practice to lay carpet over laminate so I need to know to to remove this without causing any significant damage.

The laminate itself seems to have been laid without using adhesive so it should simply lift up, but I'm concerned to know how best to remove the edging trim first. I can't see any pinheads so I assume that this has been stuck rather than pinned to the skirting boards. However I'm worried that if I simply try to pull or lever this off it could well damage the skirting boards themselves.

Any advice and guidance about this would be most welcome. GSD.

Sponsored Links
get a wide thin wall scraper

place the blade flat on the skirting with the point between the beading and skirting and tap the top with a hammer work along if nessesry to release without pulling to much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back