Removing LPG and installing Electric Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am about to remove the old LPG cooker and want to install my new Electric cooker. I had a look at the fusebox and found there are three 45 amp fuses in place. One is for the Water Heater and the others are Ring Main. How do I wire up the cooker?? To the Ring Main?? or do I need another fusebox.

The only other 45 amp usage I can see is for the Shower!!!

Any help would be greatly received.

Steve

Sponsored Links
This doesn't sound good.

Fuses are rated to protect the cable, which is selected to take the intended load. 45A is way too high for a normal ring circuit (usually 30A) or a normal water heater circuit (usually 15A).

Before you make any modifications to your installation you really need to check what is going on here - it may be that higher rated fuses have been used because the correct ones were blowing, which indicates a fault or persistent overloading. Or it may be that 45A fuse carriers have been used, but wired with 30A or 15A fusewire.

Assessing the safety (or otherwise) of an installation is not a job within the competence of the average DIY-er. I would recommend that you call a registered electrician for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back