Removing masking tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. After I finished my outdoor painting of concrete window sills, I've struggled to get a few remaining bits of masking tape off. I don't think I should have left it on for as long as I did, but it's also cheap masking tape. There are a few pieces that didn't come away and are stuck to the upvc frames. What do you recommend? I don't have a heat gun but I do have a hairdryer if that would work to loosen up the glue? I also have a bottle of no nonsense sealant remover which I find pretty good for a lot of things. And then there's white spirit. I'd go and try them out but it's raining at the moment.

And for future use for masking outdoors and also walls and tiles indoors, is there a better brand of masking tape I should buy that wouldn't give me this issue?

Sponsored Links
Try the sealent remover and the white spirit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back