Removing Office 2007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just done a back up and removed Office 2007 and then reinstalled it.

I Wanted to wipe all that was on but everything is still there as if I had not done anything?

All the email addresses are still there too! :(

Have I missed something?

Sponsored Links
the backup has probably 'backed up' everything.
did it ask you what you wanted to backup or what you wanted to restore?

did it ask you what you wanted to backup or what you wanted to restore?

No , it just asked me if I wanted to remove Word and I said yes.

Is there any way of not backing up anything so that I can have a fresh clean install.?

A clean reinstall of Office? What is it you are trying to achieve exactly?
When you've unistalled office, it's wise to delete all folders relevant to the previous install. ie: delete this path C:\Program files\microsoft office, 'cos it will probably still exist after the 'uninstall' process.
As for email addresses etc, you'll have to deal with Outlook too.

Sponsored Links
A clean reinstall of Office? What is it you are trying to achieve exactly?

Hi Drcat

Its Micro Outlook that is causing me problems and I am thinking I have to take off Office to give me a non corrupt email client. Also I wish to clear all saved email addresses in Outlook which are still there after my reinstall. :(

Hope this makes sense.

TryRevo Uninstaller
Once installed open it and click the Office icon and select Uninstall on the top toolbar.
When it has removed it, Revo will scan the registry to find any leftover strings, and it lists them in bold type.
Tick everyone it lists in bold and select remove.
It will then scan your program files and find all the leftovers there.
Select all and select delete.
That should have moved just about all traces of Office 2007.

When I removed the trial version on my PC, if I remember correctly, there were about four different icons for different parts of Office, and I had to go through the process with each in turn.

dave

B, removing Outlook (or the whole of the suite) won't remove things like emails or addresses. They are held in locations within your profile.

As Igorian says, they are not part of Office.

You have an address book/contacts list by default, OE simply uses it.

Where it is depends upon your OS.
Although if it is only the address book you want to delete, you can find it in the options in OE, there is I recall the ability to change the path to it, so it would show the current path.
Upon which case you can find & delete it.

Hi fellas

Update is I removed Office again and all traces via Revo but as you say the addresses are still there! :cry:

There are lots of addresses stored that come up when I write an S or other letter in the "to" box. This is my main bugbear so does anyone know where this folder is likely to be so that I can delete all enties and start again.

Thanks

Those addresses are stored in

%USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

There will be one or more files with a .NK2 extension. Just close Outlook, delete the NK2 files and then start Outlook again. It will start collecting new addresses in a new file.

On XP it's

C:\Documents and Settings\username\

On Vista it's

C:\Users\username\

Sponsored Links
Back