Removing Oil primer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer who has a hardwood floor finnished in a 2 pack polyurethane. Someone, not me, :rolleyes: has let oil based primer run on to it from the skirting. How can i remove it with minimum treatment to the floor :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Was the two pack PV67?...its very durable..why dont you try holding a pad of very hot water on it to see if it softens the paint film.

Or..are you familiar with the industrial wipes?...I have laid a pad of them on spots before and applied some pressure for a while..that has done the trick..use the ones in the yellow tub.
Question for you..do you do all aspects of decorating..are you any good?..do you need work?

Message for Third eye. Silly man. Im presuming you are a man, because only a man would ask that sort of question. :rolleyes: If I knew what make it was I wouldnt have a problem would I :rolleyes: I already said it was an oil base primer.Silly Silly Silly man. Please don't say you are a woman. :oops: (P.S, no offence, only joking.)

Message for Zampa
Thanks for the advice, question for you, where do you lecture :?:

Sponsored Links
The question was asked "papergirl" due to there being so many different oil based primers ! Also the question was asked cos you being a woooo man you didnt be clear that you did not know what the primer was in the first place ! hehe.

Third_Eye said:
The question was asked "papergirl" due to there being so many different oil based primers ! Also the question was asked cos you being a woooo man you didnt be clear that you did not know what the primer was in the first place ! hehe.

MOD

Removed to 'Sexist reply forum'

:evil:

P/G I only work there during the day but im getting loads of enquiries from the A/ford areas and turning everything away as im not full time anymore..(turned down a cracking marbeling job in Newcastle Em a couple of weeks back..quite a few ask if I know anyone else..i'd rather pass it on to someone else if I can...cant do much myself now only the odd hobble...mainly domestic

Third eye. I think I did! Besides, we are talking about skirting here. If there were anything abnormal about it I would have said. Maaaaaaaaaan

papergirl said:
Third eye. I think I did! Besides, we are talking about skirting here. If there were anything abnormal about it I would have said. Maaaaaaaaaan

T/E dont mess with those welsh women!...they can fight like Lions (esses)

P/G see above...messages crossed.

Third_Eye said:
Sorry, if i may have been cheeky :rolleyes:

Crawler...stand up for yourself man!...

Didnt you once say in a previous post that men have are and always will be the superior species?

(looks for wooden spoon icon :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back