Removing old double-sided tape from uPVC windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used the IKEA pleated stick-on blinds on a few of my double-glazed windows.

They've been on for over a year!

I've finally taken them off but the double-sided tape that came with the blinds are still well and truly stuck on the frames.

I've tried soap & water, WD40 and methylated spirit but they're really not shifting.

I'm wanting to try nail polish remover but I'm not sure if that will damage the plastic. Is it okay to try and/or are there better alternatives?

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is not a joke try fly killer spray ,put it on and leave 15 minutes

Thanks, I did try it! Unfortunately it didn't make much difference. I think it's not just the adhesive that's an issue but the type of cellophane that the adhesive is stuck onto as well. I did try nail varnish remover in the end. That has made the biggest difference so far.

Does anyone think paint stripper is worth a try? Will that damage the uPVC? I think it needs something that you can paint on and let it dissolve the properties BUT without damaging the uPVC.

Thanks.

Nitromors and suchlike will stain the upvc, have you tried upvc solvent cleaner?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back