Removing paint from exterior walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm not sure if this subject belongs on this forum, but I need to remove lot's of paint form an exterior stone wall. I would employ experts but the ones I want are un available so I'm hoping to give it a go myself. So what kind of paint remover do I need ? And will I need some sort of jetwash?
Thanks .

Sponsored Links
iaith, good evening.

There is a system, can I suggest you have a look @ "Soda Blasting" ?

It is similar to "Sand blasting" but the soda is a load softer and tends not to remove the surface, the Soda removes the paint.

The draw back ?? there is a down side, that is the mess left, so not a good solution on [say] a main street??

On this Forum someone noted that there is Dry Ice blasting, that will leave only paint residue and water.

The machinery involved can I believe be hired as well as all the consumables, not sure about Dry Ice that stuff needs careful handling.

Draw back with using chemicals is keeping the chemicals out of any water course.

Ken.

Thank you Ken. That's great information that I knew nothing about. I'll get on the case.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back