Removing Render from brickwork

Thankyou for your responses.

I think the best thing to do is to speak to whoever regulates building control. Does anyone have idea who that is? (is it my local council?)

Also, if I get the go ahead to remove it, would I need to do anything to the brickwork afterwards (for waterproofing or alike?)

Thanks again

No real need to get anyone in to be honest.

You should have info about damp proof and cavity wall insulation since you have just purchased the house. All you need to do is find out for sure if you have cavity insulation, The removal of external plaster and it's u value is nominal and if the wall has cavity insulation this will far exceed what you are removing.

Equally if you know the u value of the house and it exceeds the recomended minimum you wll win again because the u value you are removing is not worth bothering about..

Save you time and money and let's face it, the odds that you will get a visit is very very low indeed but if you have done your home work and they do you are on the right side.

You have another way also, just remove 23% have a rest then remove another 23% give it another week or so, the remove another. This way you are in the guid lines, Each removal is another job ;)

Do it from top to bottom keeping an even line around the top of the house to make it look good. Just keep dropping the line of render every couple of weeks. Longer way around it but it's a tryed and tested method of getting around it ;)

Sponsored Links
Beware a simplistic approach to regulation Lewjt, just make the phone call. It won't cost/commit you to anything; you know it makes sense ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back