removing room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me ive got problems with my heatingcontrols as earlier reported ,i want to "take off" the room stat from my boiler to see if it operates correctly without it.

ive found all the wires but is it just a case of removing these wires?
Ive linked 2 of the terminals together as shown in the boiler paperwork but it wouldnt turn off at all so have now removed this!

Any ideas would be great
Cheers Jon

Sponsored Links
By inserting that link you are shorting out the thermostat.

Why are you removing it? What are you trying to acheive? Why do you think there is a problem with your boiler?

Im trying to remove it to see if its that thats causing the boiler to stop/ start continually sometimes stays on for a few hours then turns itself off and wont re start

I have TRVs on the rads so dont really need the room stat anyway

Cheers Jon

Sponsored Links
Ok but can anyone go into more detail as to WHY i must have a room stat?

In my last 2 houses both had new central heating systems but neither had room stats?

Im confused with these short blunt answers.....!!!!!!

The room 'stat provides an interlock to turn off the boiler when the house is up to temperature. Without one the boiler will cycle due to the TRVs shutting down and the water having nowhere to go (unless you have a by-pass). Heating a by-pass is a waste of fuel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back