Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system is managed through a Honeywell Sundial Plan Wiring Centre terminal box and Honeywell T6360B Room Stat. The room stat merely acts as an on-off switch in that it is only Live in and Switched live out - wired to terminals 1 and 3 in the term box (room stat). In order for the T6360B to operate correctly it presumably needs a neutral wire. Is terminal 2 in the term box (room stat) the neutral terminal that I should use for this purpose. :?:

Sponsored Links
Yes. Terminal 2 of the Thermostat is Neutral.

Make sure that Live is connected to Terminal 1 and Switched Live to Terminal 3.

Thank you for the information could you please confirm the terminal 2 at the Terminal box is also the neutral (I probably mislead you by entering(room stat) after terminal box, I was referring to the annotation beneath terminal 1,2,&3 in the actual terminal box.

any terminal in the wiring centre may be neutral, usually the one where several blue wires connect will be the neutral.

Sponsored Links
could you please confirm the terminal 2 at the Terminal box is also the neutral.
There's no way of telling that without examining your wiring centre (aka terminal box).

If you find the incoming mains supply, then you can connect the neutral of that supply to terminal 2 of the room 'stat. You should also find the same terminal connected to the neutral wire of all motorised valves, and the boiler, and the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back