Removing shower cartridge from handle body

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our shower is dripping from the handle. I've tried to take it apart so I could replace the cartridge, but I can't it out completely.

I've removed the handle, which gave me access to the cartridge but when I unbolted it, the metal collar came with it and I can't work out how to detach it.

These photos might explain the issue better: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HQBPh2ivTmBKD74t5

Any suggestions on how to remove the metal handle body from the cartridge?

I noticed it had two flats on the rear so was hoping if I gripped those and tried to loosen the cartridge, it would come apart, but no luck - the flats are so small I can't get a good grip, even in a vice.

Thanks

Pete

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it is me but the pictures are horribly grainy. The o-ring doesn’t appear in good shape. Can you try changing that first?

Leak is probably coming through the inside of cartridge and would need the O ring on lower part of spindle replaced

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: I made it worse…!

After failing to remove the cartridge from the body, I reinstalled it and now it won't turn off at all! It's just on full blast regardless of which way the handle is turned.

Is there anything obvious I might have done wrong? Or have I just broken the cartridge somehow..?

In answer to a couple comments:

The silver cover should unscrew from the cartridge.

That's what I thought, but I can't get a good enough grip to do it.

Is that a Trevi. shower. Bob

Don't know I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back