Removing the grill from radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to clean inside of radiator as it is filled with dust and dirt. I have managed to loosen end panels and loosened the grill at each end but it is held in place in middle by what looks like little screws but they will not loosen. They seem to turn but will not allow grill to be removed. Any suggestions will be helpfull

Sponsored Links
I will try, but have just got a new phone and not sure how to work it yet

Sponsored Links
Thanks footprint I will order one now, but will still have to get the top off this one to clean. Have had builders in and they never thought to just cover top of radiator or put it somewhere else. Its got dust, plaster, cement and heavens no what in it

Maybe the threads have stripped and the screws are spinning, Can you lever the grille up while turning the screws?

Have done it, they were not screws after all even though they have screw heads. They are like a two pronged thing that springs out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back