Removing TRV head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back I had all the radiators replaced in my house and had TRVs installed on all of them. Then subsequently when I was having the boiler replaced the plumber mentioned that I should not have TRVs on _all_ the radiators (especially in the same room as the thermostat).

Anyway, I am again having some more work on radiators next week and was wandering if I should ask the plumber to replace the TRV's on a couple of radiators with lockshield valves?

Also, if I remove the head of the TRV (so that the pin is exposed in the fully open position) is that the exactly same as having a lockshield valve? or is the flow of water still restricted a little compared to the lockshield?

thanks for any advice
sanjay

Sponsored Links
All you need to do is set the TRV to close at a higher temperature than the setting on the room stat. So if your room stat is set to 22 C and your TRV set to Max ((no. 5 - 27 C?) the TRV will always be open and the room stat will control temperature. Some TRVs can be locked to a particular setting if your concerned that the TRV might be reset to lower temp by someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back