Removing UPVC double glazed unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

In my previous house I was easily able to remove the rubbers from the outside of the double glazed units & then replaced the blown units without any issue. Now at my new home I cannot work out how the units are removed. They still have very thin black rubbers on the outside but the rubbers seem to be built into the plastic strips that come out; more like a seal than a rubber holding it all in. I have attached a picture; can anyone advise?

See album called "Window".

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The rubber gasket is part of the bead, called co-extruded and comes out as one, being externally beaded the glass will be pushed back on glazing tape or security tape, in your case it looks very thin probably 1 or 2mm, stanley knife through this all the way round and then remove the bead using a thin scraper sharpened so you can squeeze it between the bead and frame

Thanks for the reply crank; I managed to get it out using a sharp scrapper. Just got to get a new unit made up now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back