Removing woodstain from windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

last year i painted the exterior window frames with Ronseal 5 year woodstain, in my rush i accidently painted onto the window. I want to rectify this, i have tried scraping it off with a flat knife, but its taking ages and is scratching the windows.

Is there any remover/solution i can apply that will just wipe away my mistakes ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
molko said:
I think it is oil based, i have looked at the tin but it doesn't metioned whether its oil or water based.

I have been reading around the internet and some people are sugguesting petrol ! Which seems a bit extreme !

Thanks

This is a link to the product http://shop.jparrboro.co.uk/acatalog/Wood_Stain__Preservers__Oils.html which seems to indicate that IT IS oil based

On the tin it should state how you clean up brushes etc..water based will be water oil based will be white spirit (it will also say this under the section for how to thin it out)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back