Renault Clio Thermostat..??

Sponsored Links
Thats a shame :( If any engine has been overheated, especially an aluminium headed one, the head gasket always pops. :(
If the overheating has been serious, then the head may need a skim too to get it flat :( :(
John :)

i read its a git to change a head gasket. how much do you think itll cost me to get it done at a garage. ball park so i know i aint gettin done over.

Renault list 8.3 hours to remove and install a head gasket on these...which obviously doesn't include the gasket, timing belt and bolts etc.....they also say its 10.80 hours to refurbish, which means grinding and shimming the valves in etc.
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news :(
John :)

Sponsored Links
so you reckon its gonna cost me a packet :(

if i dont get it done, how long do you think ive got the car for before it wont have it any longer and dies?

If the head gasket has gone - and that looks reasonably certain - it needs to be attended to straight away really as the coolant will eventually be pushed out as fast as you can pour it in......it may be worth having the diagnosis confirmed by a garage first.
Then, its decision time.....frankly, anyone would say scrap the car. Thats up to you, of course unless you can do the repair yourself. It could be simpler to have another engine fitted.
John :( :)

****e :(

think i might just let it keep going til it dies. dont want the garage to open it up and distress an already bad situation. might be able to get a few more months out of it if im lucky.
also dont wanna take it to a garage and the guy says, OH yessss you need and new head gasket mate gonna cost ya 800 quid. when all ive got is a broken seal lol :confused:

Back