renault kangoo ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was thinking about buying a 2002-2004 renault kangoo with the sliding door on the side.

have they any faults ? i hear the head can give trouble boiling etc ?

what is the average mpg ?

Sponsored Links
I've got an S reg (98) kangoo van thats done just shy of 100,000 miles. I can't remember it ever having anything go wrong with it apart from it needing a new exhaust and the odd bulb blowing.
Just gets a service once a year and I forget about it. :D

Don't know what the new engines are like though. Mines a 1.9 diesel and I'm getting 45 to the gallon easy. :D

We've run a 1.4 petrol Kangoo for about 4 years / 60,000 miles. In that time it has needed a pair of drive shafts, a complete exhaust system (including cat and lambda sensor) and an oil pressure switch (damaged when changing exhaust), a fuel filler neck ( that is electrically interlocked with sliding door lock), one lower engine mounting rubber and a couple of accessory drive belts.

One garage sold us a new coil pack to cure an intermittent misfire, but the fault was eventually traced to the cat and lambda sensor.

Never had any cooling problems, even after a serious loss of engine oil through damaged pressure switch.

The accessory drive belt seems to stretch like toffee, but re-tensioning at every service is sufficient.

Sponsored Links
At the right price, it's a top van, go for it. battered mine for nearly three yrs, no service whatsoever, never let me down.

oil and water.

Back