Renault Master power steering pump bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The bracket holding the power steering pump is broken on our 2007 2.5DCI Master. Unfortunately this bracket goes up the side of engine and various components bolt on to it, including fuel pump. I've managed to get another bracket from a breakers. Question is - how easy to change over? I think I'd be OK if it weren't for the fuel pump, which scares me a bit, with keeping engine locked and ensuring timing is right.

Anybody with any experience of this job or just setting the fuel pump?

Thanks,
Iain.

Sponsored Links
I fortunately have no experience of this Renault.

But in general we would repair any brackets before attempting to justify the
labour needed to replace same.

Can the mounting bracket be repaired where it is, on the van?

Hi Mursal,

Thanks for your response.

Yes the bracket looks quite accessable, that seems a very good idea, didn't know if it would be doable in-situ. I had a price of £40 for a second hand bracket, but unfortunately I've been told by the breaker that it wouldn't be suitable for my engine and the fact that everything would have to come off to fit it makes it sound like a big job.

It looks a vey clean break in the alloy with quite a large area to be able to weld. So you think a decent independent garage would weld it? I also know a coded welder who I could maybe see. I take it welding on engine is OK as long as alternator and battery are disconnected.

Thanks,
Iain.

Sponsored Links
Back