Renault megane starting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all first post, need a bitta help ive an o4 hatchback renault megane and when i go to start the car theres like this electric sorta shutter then northing happens some times the engine tries to compress and often after a push start it starts but when i stop the engine turn it off where back to square one can anyone help me out with sugesstions at all ?
how i fix it?
how much ?
and how long

thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably just your battery bidding farewell mate - hasten ye to a motor factors who will be delighted to test it for you, and be even more delighted to sell you a new one.
John :)

I'm inclined to agree with Burnerman. The battery in our Renault Scenic began to show its age recently. Symptoms were sluggish starting, especially on a cold morning or if it had stood unused for a few days. Still, I could hardly complain after eleven years. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It has a new battery now and it springs to life every time. :) :) :) I suggest you do not go to Renault for a replacement (unless it's still under warranty of course). When I rang them up for a price, the man on the phone told me from the outset that they 'cost a bomb'; £110 pounds to be precise. :eek: :eek: :eek: I got one from the place where I always go for my tyres - and which I can't name because that would be advertising - and it was half the price. They fitted it too. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back