Renault Scenic 2002 Auto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this as a cheap stopgap while I get round to fixing the Peugeot turbo.

But I find the auto convenient in town and the large body is very convenient. It also has lots of small places to store things so ideal for boiler repairs.

Now I have searched the internet and several people have asked about a dipstick on the petrol auto engine. There is a yellow filler cap on the rocker cover but no obvious dip stick anywhere! All the questions come up with do gooders but no one has answered the question.

Does anyone really know if they designed the car with NO dipstick and to rely on the auto level check???

Tony

Sponsored Links
With Renault, the filler cap and dipstick are often as one.....any sign of it coming adrift? There definitely should be something!
John :)

Sponsored Links
The gearbox does have a dipstick! At the front low down.

The filler is as the yellow one on rocker cover in link above but that is for 2003 - 2009 car.

I will go out and look closely at the position of the dipstick shown to the right but am sure it is not there on mine. At least no stick and I don't think there is a tube either. Will look soon.

Tony

Last edited:
The K4M's dipstick is at the front of the engine beneath the inlet manifold. About 100mm to the right and about the same below the oil filter. I think the K4J is the same. You've probably found it by now though.

Sponsored Links
Back