renault scenic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a renault scenic 2l i have a problem with the running of it since i bought it, the first time it just wouldnt start, i cleaned the tdc and it was ok for a while then it started judering like it was miss fireing then it started stalling and would start ok, now it stalls and and it has to sit for about 40 minutes then it will start it seems like a earth problem or a sensor failing when it gets to hot a bit like the old condensors used to do in a distributer, this has got worse, it used to stall occasionally now after about 10 miles it does it nearly every mile or so, i have looked at the tdc and it is wet each time i take it out like there is a leak in the auto box fluid, could a leak there make it so low on fluid that the sensor shuts off the engin to protect the gearbox? i changed the coil pacs leads and sparkplugs so i know its nothing to do with them. as you can see i have tried a few things and have pondered many ohters but i am now at a stumbling block any help would be appreciated thankyou :confused:

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at the mass airflow sensor, and the air filter?
if either of these are dirty you will probably get a very rich mixture, which could give the symptoms you describe.

Wotan

crankshaft position sensor is worth changing as its a very common problem giving these symptoms. Only fit a genuine part or an equivalent from gsf car parts

Sponsored Links
hi i have a renault scenic 2l i have a problem with the running of it since i bought it, the first time it just wouldnt start, i cleaned the tdc and it was ok for a while then it started judering like it was miss fireing then it started stalling and would start ok, now it stalls and and it has to sit for about 40 minutes then it will start it seems like a earth problem or a sensor failing when it gets to hot a bit like the old condensors used to do in a distributer, this has got worse, it used to stall occasionally now after about 10 miles it does it nearly every mile or so, i have looked at the tdc and it is wet each time i take it out like there is a leak in the auto box fluid, could a leak there make it so low on fluid that the sensor shuts off the engin to protect the gearbox? i changed the coil pacs leads and sparkplugs so i know its nothing to do with them. as you can see i have tried a few things and have pondered many ohters but i am now at a stumbling block any help would be appreciated thankyou :confused:
thanks guys i will try these and see what happens keep you posted

Back