Kangoo not starting PROBLEM SOLVED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupid me I forgot this thread from many moons ago. WE FOUND THE PROBLEM what no one tells you is when a modification has been made!! See below NEVER HAD A PROBLEM SINCE.
We have had problems with our 2000 1.4 Renault Kangoo for the last three years with non starting problems and recently stopping for no apparent reason. We have had several garages look at it and fitted a bypass and a new TDC sensor all of which worked for a month or so all of which failed in the end. On the days it did start it run ok.
In despair we finally rang Renault to find there has been a modification to Kangoos and Clio, not sure about any other models, apparently the original black topped TDC has been modified and the top is now blue and has another wire attachment that goes with it. Have been trying it out for a while now and not only does it fire up instantly but runs much smoother.
Ring your Renault Dealer for part numbers.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand. You write above that you fitted a new TDC sensor and the problem persisted and you then rang Renault, presumably some considerable time later, and were informed about the modification.

Why weren't you sold the modified sensor the first time ?

Sponsored Links
Back