renault traffic alarm problem, and rear door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

having a nightmare with my trafic, and it seems like im not the only one

basically every morning 6.30am without fail the alarm goes off my neighbours are a ticking time bomb! god knows what they are going to do to me, only time will tell but don't want to take that chance..............

my guess would be that when the sun comes out its causing the alarm to go off, but why is the question? but it has also gone off at night so cant understand?

Also the rear doors will only open from the inside, so i have to open the side door every time i want the rear open.

if any of you nice people have got the answer or indeed can come and fix the problem i would be forever in your debt.

regards

Sponsored Links
One thing to look out for is the sensors on the doors that detect if they are closed or open. On my trafic the drivers door sensor does not get fully depressed all the time when the door is closed and so it will sometimes set the alarm off randomly. I have 'fixed' the problem by attaching a pad to the door where the sensor contacts the door so that it stays fully pressed in.

I have also had the door sensor problem on other trafic vans that I drove for work in the past. Does the 'door open' warning light ever come on when your driving around?

As for the back doors not opening from the back, if you take off the panel on the door with the problem handle you may find that you can clip the mechanism back together. The passenger door on a work van once stopped opening from either inside or outside (can't remember) and I found that by using a cable tie I could fix the mechanism back together.

Hope this helps

Conor

Hi conner, and thanks for the speedy reply. Where are the sensors located? What do they look like? Yeah ill have 2 try the rear door hopefully that is the case.

One other thing is that I think the van may still be in warranty as it hasn't had its first not yet an its a 2008 reg, is it something they would cover?

Regards

If you open your drivers door you will find that there is a bit of plastic at about half way up the door frame that sticks out. If you push it in the van will think that the door is closed, when it is out the van thinks the door is open.

These are located on all doors, on the bonnet and probably on the fuel flap too. Once you know what one looks like you should be able to find the others.

Regarding warranty - no idea since I've never owned a new enough van/car.

CONOR

Sponsored Links
If the door switches are anything like the ones fitted to Kangoos, after the doors get slammed a bit too hard a few times you can pull the soft plastic cover off the switch, and a sad little pile of broken bits of plastic pours from the hole in the door pillar, leaving room to fit a new switch :rolleyes:

The tailgate switch was operated by the door latch mechanism, and a little bit of wear in the plastic covering the latch claw stopped the switch from operating when the tailgate was shut. To begin with, occasionally road vibration triggered it whilst driving. Eventually it would trip if you just looked at it a bit funny.

No alarm to upset the neighbours, just a flat battery in the morning as the courtesy light stayed on all night. :evil:

Back