Render over pebbledash - removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought out house about 4 years ago and it was the only one on the block that had the pebbledash covered with render. We're not too sure how its been rendered and whether its been done properly. In places its come off and there are metal right angle lengths that have rusted and broken. In the places the render has come off the pebbledashing looks fine. Its on the three walls of the semi-detatched house and I really want to just be rid of the bad render and expose the pebble dash...but how do I do that? Do I need scaffolding? Do I need a professional? Do I need chemicals?

Live in Oxford so if anyone knows of anyone reliable that can do this please help.

Thanks in advance

Gem

Sponsored Links
I can give you the number of a good tradesman in your area, excellent work and ethics, have worked with him in the past.

PM me for details.

(Still get another couple of quotes)

I can give you the number of a good tradesman in your area, excellent work and ethics, have worked with him in the past.

PM me for details.

(Still get another couple of quotes)

I've tried to PM you but not sure if I did....

Sponsored Links
just called him but he said its a little far out for him to come, he's given me the name of someone closer but I think I contacted them a few years ago about plastering one wall and they gave me a massive quote so for the outside of the house I am thinking it may well be outside of my budget, thanks though

just called him but he said its a little far out for him to come, he's given me the name of someone closer but I think I contacted them a few years ago about plastering one wall and they gave me a massive quote so for the outside of the house I am thinking it may well be outside of my budget, thanks though

Okay ,it's a shame but best of luck finding someone.

Out of interest - What was the previous quote for and how did it compare with others?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back