Render strip at bottom of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a render strip put round the front of the bottom of my house, its about 8 - 9inchs in height and I have a few questions.

It looks like the person who did it used those metal mesh things used for plastering, as I can see the metal edge at the top of the render where it changes from render to brick, is this normal to see this, the chap who did work just said you wont see it when you paint it which I suppose is true, but should it be like that ?

When I paint it do I need to the same as you do with plaster ie a miscoat or something, or do I just paint straight on masonry paint ?

Thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like a plaster/render stop bead.It is quite normal to see the edges of some beading.If you paint the render with masonry paint,the bead will not be seen.It will probably tell you on the tin what preparation is required for the application of the paint.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back