Rendered Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! My husband built a lovely wall around the garden (we're on a corner plot). It's 3ft high and he built it out of concrete blocks. We had it rendered and it looked lovely - for about 6 months. The render has blown off in a few places and there are nice rusty patches around parts were the beading is. It looks an absolute eye-sore and it's embarassing! The plasterer has offered to do the work again for free if we provide the materials. We don't want to do this in case it happens again. In hinde site we wish we had just put up a little picket fence.

My husband absolutely refuses to knock down the wall, so this is not an option. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The beading for external render should be stainless steel not galvanised. Yours is obviously the galvanised stuff and the plasterers trowel has removed the zinc causing your rust stains.

it is because the wall is constantly damp probably because there is soil against it or there is no damp proof membrane you will need to apply a damp proofing slurry before it is rendered I use Sika

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back