Rendering directly onto OSB3?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've had a look but in getting some conflicting information ..

I have a shed that has 4 brick pillars holding the roof up, the sides are brick that I'm going to render. The front and back are old tired and crumbling wood...

I want to replace the front and back as cheaply and quickly as I can so Im considering replacing the wood with OSB board and then rendering it to help with water proofing etc....

My question is can I just mix up some rebder and put it directly onto the board???

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
You could cover your boards with roofing felt then tack on some ex-metal , I would put two layers on one vertical and one horizontal then scratch it and then when its set for a few days throw the float coat on. Always tack ex-metal from centre out wards and use plenty of p/board nails...There are other ways which the lads might do it but that was how I have done it before.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, sounds like a lot of time and expense.. Think I might just replace the wood panels with fresh an just treat it 😂

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back