Rendering sand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if external rendering sand the same as plastering sand with regards to rendering a wall internally, will it still be washed as it does not say on the bags at wickes and i have the to small wall of my inglenook fire place to do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Washed plastering/rendering sand can be used internally/externally no problem. If i had to, i'd prefer sand from a builder's merchant rather than the shed,, but we're lucky enough to have a quarry near us that can supply quality plastering/rendering sand,, whether it's just the odd couple of bags, (fill your own, pay the machine operator), or get it delivered by the lorry load. I've never bought sand from any of the shed's.
I've noticed as well, that week by week, there can be a wide variation in the colour of "shed" sand too,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back