Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating my house and discovered that a lot of my plaster is blown. My builder removed the old plaster and I am waiting for his quote to re-render the roughly 40 m2 brickworks and then skim. I live in London and I am looking for a good quality job. How much would I expect to pay? Thanks for the heads-up

Sponsored Links
All old houses have blown lime plaster. My house has loads. So what? In the several decades I've been doing this job I've never seen it fall off yet. Just skim over it and forget it.

All old houses have blown lime plaster. My house has loads. So what? In the several decades I've been doing this job I've never seen it fall off yet. Just skim over it and forget it.
Thanks. I want to prevent hairline cracks from appearing. Will the skim be prone to cracking if i skim over blown plaster or should it be all right?

Sponsored Links
If it's absolutely loose and falling off then obviously it has to come off. I can't see that being the case for 40 sq metres. If it's just minor temperature cracks then use scrim tape, then skim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back