Renovating ground floor cloakroom - Questions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*New to the forum and not DIY literate...pls bear with me....*

So I've got a bee in my bonnet and decided to try and re-hash the downstairs cloakroom on my own based on previous experience of being let down by various tradesmen over the years. Im not stupid - but it appears I have been quite gullible....

This is likely going to be a thread of questions as I transition through the project, so I dearly hope some of the more patient characters on here will give me some advice, if you please :)

Ill tell you where Im at - Ive stripped the room bare....down to the concrete floor and exposed all the plumbing/pipework, found a soil stack here is the pic:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ALw6oLTscr9K_qITm_7Ml3H8kr7eg7jLRsg

@mods you said I can copy & paste, I can't get it to work....

1st Question is - do I need that soil stack? Its a fully internal room in the middle of the house - no windows, and no external walls - can I fix the new toilet directly into the 'crap hole' and remove all that plastic palaver?

........told you Im basic :D

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The "stack" is a "stub stack" and has an air admittance valve on the top (durgo). Likely there for a reason so you'd need to incorporate one into a new setup.
Hopefully the bottom most fitting is pushfit (ring seal) and you can pull the whole lot out of the floor... Everything else is solvent weld (glued) and cannot be reused.
If the lowest fitting is solvent welded into the floor, you'll be having grief to remove it and still leave something to reconnect new setup to.

It could definitely do with a tidy up, but depends on your desired arrangement and choice of sanitaryware.

d0a741ac-c0af-4ba4-93a2-7d3850317cec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back