renovating tiled doorstep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a two-tiered doorstep tiled with terracotta quarry tiles.
However, several of the tiles are badly broken and not all of them are the same deep red colour.
Recently, I got upset because after some building works to the outside of my block as I felt tiles had lost their deep red colour.
I was told this was due to concrete and was advised to clean the steps with brick acid.
Unfortunately, I did not realise the negative effects as some of the tiles have now lost their redness and the grouting has turned white.
My problem is whether I should have these discoloured tiles completely replaced and repainted or whether it better to get whole step cleaned up and repainted and not replace any existing tiles.
I just want the whole doorstep to to back to its original deep red colour.
Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
If some are broken, worn or discoloured I'd advise replacing them. Here's one I did I while back - shame the customer didn't buy enough tiles to do the last row nearest the door. :rolleyes:

step.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back